ColossalCon 2010 Live Blog (belated) – Otaku Party!
I have to admit I was a bit surprised at just how dead this place was early in morning, but I’m sure that the excitement of staying up late the first night had a lot to do with that. Plus it always takes awhile for everyone to get oriented and involved so a light morning shouldn’t be too much of a concern.
We kicked off the day with the 10am Otaku Party hosted by some of our friends. It might have started out a bit awkwardly but in the end it turned out to be a fun and casual way to start the day. The party involved a mix of common party games with an otaku-ish twist.
- We started out playing some very complicated “Red Light, Green Light”. Using 3 “traffic cops” giving directions in unison things got pretty crazy.
- This was followed by an MMO-style rock, paper, scissors match, where Attack, Magic, and Defense replaced the common hand gestures, plenty of fun to be had here and I was glad our team dominated. I even used my laptop-bag to defend!
- Next was a very awkward dance-off that really didn’t go anywhere but at least we got to hear some good music.
- Next was “Name that Pokemon” which I proudly participated in. I almost stumped everyone with my FABULOUS drawing of Swablu and provided the audience with a freebie Jigglypuff. Other drawings involved a well-done Eggxecutor and a pretty detailed Magmar head.
- We ended the morning with some fun but obscure Family Feud-Style Otaku Trivia. While our team did ok lets just say I never want to hear Sailor Moon trivia EVER AGAIN.
Look forward to more by pandamajik and I as the afternoon goes on.